"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men."

- Samuel Adams

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

"I Don't Need a Constitution. I'm Not A Republican"

   She walked past the GHRP's booth at the Outdoor Adventure Expo and refused a free copy of the U.S. Constitution and Declaration of Independence with, "I don't need a copy of the Constitution.  I'm not a Republican."  (True story.)
   Provided by the Jesse Young for Congress campaign, complimentary copies of pocket U.S. Constitutions were the hottest free items on the GOP table - most of the time. An elderly gentleman snapped up several copies saying, "They're for my grandkids." Another visitor said, "I've voted Democrat my whole life, but I learned my lesson after voting for Obama.  Never again!"
   The GOP booth did a brisk business at the Outdoor Expo held April 28 and 29 at the Elma Fairgrounds.  Volunteers passed out campaign literaure, talked up candidates and engaged visitors. 
   Candidates with a presence or signage at our booth included Michael Baumgartner and Art Coday (U.S. Senate candidates); Rob McKenna and Shahram Hadian (Governor); Jesse Young (Congress, 6th District); and Wes Cormier, candidate for County Commissioner, District 1.
   Thank you to Jamie Walsh for coordinating this event.
The party plans to host another booth at Aberdeen's SPLASH Festival in July.  Join us!

No comments:

Post a Comment